Knowroaming is another provider offering very convenient international SIM cards and global connectivity solutions for travelers.
You can always go online and get the international SIM card whose features ring your bell the best. It’s evidently a knock-out solution to avoid wasting time trying to find a local SIM card, free Wi-Fi zones or being able to use the same phone number and ship internationally.
This time, we’re talking about another solution you can easily find on suppliers like Amazon or the company’s own website: Knowroaming, a brand of Telna Inc., that offers cost-effective and reliable global connectivity solutions for travelers since 2014.
Main features and advantages of Knowroaming
- Forget about the expensive roaming charges. Save up to 85% off international voice and data roaming.
- Great international coverage. Call, text and use data in 200+ countries and territories as you were at home. Knowroaming covers many destinations above all in Africa, Asia, Caribbean, Europe, Latin America, North America, Oceania, and the Middle East.
- Enjoy high-speed 3G/4G LTE data with plans ranging from $3.99 to $99.99.
- Pay as you go. Feel free to add credit and control your expenses as you need.
- Rates for receiving and making phone calls and texts, as well as for using data depend on the country you plan to visit. Feel free to check the corresponding rates to your destination on their website.
- These SIMs come with a free USA number. You can purchase additional numbers from other countries for a renewable monthly fee starting at $3. This way, people calling you can avoid international call charges by calling to a local number instead.
Knowroaming solutions available for travelers
This amazing brand has three different and well-thought solutions to allow travelers enjoy a great call, text and data service regardless of their destination. For instance, there are Travel SIM sticker, Travel SIM card and eSIM.
This company was born with a very first product they claim having invented: the Travel SIM Sticker. An amazing idea for travelers to stop swapping SIM cards over and over again. It is literally a sticker you put on top of your home SIM card before installing it to your cell phone.
After that, with the help of their own application, the KnowRoaming app, you can activate and deactivate your international SIM sticker when traveling and going back home, respectively. This way, you’ll stay connected all over the globe without having to worry about missing your chip.
In case you are a current customer using a sticker and your phone or SIM card get lost or damaged, you can request a sticker replacement online to preserve your number and account information. As you can see, this is a very promising and convenient solution.
2. Travel SIM card
This is a physical international SIM card you must place in your smartphone to enjoy the services before mentioned. You can buy it from the Knowroaming website or online stores like Amazon or eBay and send to your home country or to your hotel/accommodation in your destination.
An electronic SIM allows you to activate a cellular plan from a carrier without needing a physical SIM card. It is a great alternative for travelers to avoid spending time on local kiosks or paying shipping costs when buying a SIM card.
The knowroaming eSIM is supported in all unlocked eSIM compatible devices. It is available on the Knowroaming website. All you have to do is processing your payment and then scanning a QR code and follow some simple instructions they will give you. Data plans prices are set according to your destination.
The Knowroaming app
It is a useful application available for Android and iOS devices that allows Knowroaming users to check credit consumption, time left with the current plan as well as activate or deactivate it, manage your account, load credit, view rates per country and more.